Dawn to Dusk Day Sunday 29 April 2018
Come and learn more about this 26-mile circular trail
The Watercress Way is a new route giving us a taste of the two disused railway lines between Sutton Scotney- Kings Worthy -Alresford.
The circular trail is completed by using existing rights of way including ancient droves between Sutton Scotney and Alresford.
The Trustees of the charity are keen to encourage all walkers, cyclists, and horse riders to explore and support the trail and its rich history & ecology.
Free Entry to all events – donations welcome!
- 4.45am Dawn Chorus walk from Couch Green, S021 1EA. Please let us know if you are coming! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10.00am Short walk to the Station at Itchen Abbas and talk on its use and closure. Meet at Couch Green, SO21 1EA, coffee at The Plough at 11:00am
- 12 to 1pm Mouse House Hunt for families at Couch Green, S021 1EA
- 12 to 2pm Exhibition of the Watercress Way Charity at The Wonston Arms, Wonston, SO21 3LS
- 2.30 – 3.30pm Meet a Barn Owl talk by Kim from the Barn Owl Conservation Trust at Kings Worthy Scout Hut, Wesley Road, Kings Worthy, SO23 7PX
- 4.00pm Ecology and Heritage walk on the line with Jim Thompson, trustee and ecologist. A circular route starting from Worthy Down Halt, SO21 2RR
Please let us know if you are coming! Email email@example.com
- 6.00pm Meet the Trustees at the King Charles, Kings Worthy, SO23 7NU
More information on our website www.thewatercressway.org.uk
Our Latest News
Maintenance of the path in Martyr Worthy
The paths on The Watercress Way need regular maintenance to keep them clear and also to improve the habitat for wildlife and to encourage wild flowers.
3 Benches and a Pub Quiz
Sunday 18 November 2018 was a very busy day for The Watercress Way volunteers.
Marathon Charity Walk for Andover and District Mencap 24 November 2018
The Watercress Way trustees are delighted that a charity group have decided to use the route for a sponsored walk on 24 November 2018.