Dawn to Dusk Day Sunday 29 April 2018
Come and learn more about this 26-mile circular trail
The Watercress Way is a new route giving us a taste of the two disused railway lines between Sutton Scotney- Kings Worthy -Alresford.
The circular trail is completed by using existing rights of way including ancient droves between Sutton Scotney and Alresford.
The Trustees of the charity are keen to encourage all walkers, cyclists, and horse riders to explore and support the trail and its rich history & ecology.
Free Entry to all events – donations welcome!
- 4.45am Dawn Chorus walk from Couch Green, S021 1EA. Please let us know if you are coming! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10.00am Short walk to the Station at Itchen Abbas and talk on its use and closure. Meet at Couch Green, SO21 1EA, coffee at The Plough at 11:00am
- 12 to 1pm Mouse House Hunt for families at Couch Green, S021 1EA
- 12 to 2pm Exhibition of the Watercress Way Charity at The Wonston Arms, Wonston, SO21 3LS
- 2.30 – 3.30pm Meet a Barn Owl talk by Kim from the Barn Owl Conservation Trust at Kings Worthy Scout Hut, Wesley Road, Kings Worthy, SO23 7PX
- 4.00pm Ecology and Heritage walk on the line with Jim Thompson, trustee and ecologist. A circular route starting from Worthy Down Halt, SO21 2RR
Please let us know if you are coming! Email email@example.com
- 6.00pm Meet the Trustees at the King Charles, Kings Worthy, SO23 7NU
More information on our website www.thewatercressway.org.uk
Our Latest News
Trustees undertake Brushcutter Training
Bright and early on Wednesday 10 October 2018 three of The Watercress Way trustees attended a day long course in the safe and efficient use of a brushcutter. We previously had purchased one brushcutter which we have used for maintaining the path under the skilled use by trustee Jim Thompson. We are very grateful to…
37 of 1 million ‘Get Outside’ along The Watercress Way
The Watercress Way guided walk was part of the OS 1 million people Getoutside day Sunday September 30th 2018 The Ordnance Survey’s challenge to encourage up to a million people to get outdoors on the last day of September was taken up by The Watercress Way charity. 37 people and 9 dogs joined trustees Kim…
Volunteering at Worthy Down Halt on Sunday 16 September 2018
11 hard working volunteers from Worthys Conservation Volunteers, The Watercress Way trustees and local enthusiasts spent a sunny afternoon at Worthy Down Halt.