Dawn to Dusk Day Sunday 29 April 2018
Come and learn more about this 26-mile circular trail
The Watercress Way is a new route giving us a taste of the two disused railway lines between Sutton Scotney- Kings Worthy -Alresford.
The circular trail is completed by using existing rights of way including ancient droves between Sutton Scotney and Alresford.
The Trustees of the charity are keen to encourage all walkers, cyclists, and horse riders to explore and support the trail and its rich history & ecology.
Free Entry to all events – donations welcome!
- 4.45am Dawn Chorus walk from Couch Green, S021 1EA. Please let us know if you are coming! Email email@example.com
- 10.00am Short walk to the Station at Itchen Abbas and talk on its use and closure. Meet at Couch Green, SO21 1EA, coffee at The Plough at 11:00am
- 12 to 1pm Mouse House Hunt for families at Couch Green, S021 1EA
- 12 to 2pm Exhibition of the Watercress Way Charity at The Wonston Arms, Wonston, SO21 3LS
- 2.30 – 3.30pm Meet a Barn Owl talk by Kim from the Barn Owl Conservation Trust at Kings Worthy Scout Hut, Wesley Road, Kings Worthy, SO23 7PX
- 4.00pm Ecology and Heritage walk on the line with Jim Thompson, trustee and ecologist. A circular route starting from Worthy Down Halt, SO21 2RR
Please let us know if you are coming! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6.00pm Meet the Trustees at the King Charles, Kings Worthy, SO23 7NU
More information on our website www.thewatercressway.org.uk
Our Latest News
Volunteer Day Sunday 16 September at 1:00pm
In conjunction with Worthys Conservation Volunteers we are doing conservation work at Worthy Down Halt, SO21 2RR. Please wear appropriate clothing and gloves. Undoubtedly stinging nettles to clear! Please let us know if you are coming. email email@example.com
Name the Lamb Competition
Over the summer the Trustees of the Watercress Way have been inviting children to enter a Name The Lamb competition with a prize of a cuddly lamb. Events included our Dawn to Dusk Day on 29 April, guided walks in Easton and Sutton Scotney, the Alresford Watercress Festival and fetes in Kings Worthy and South…
3rd AGM of The Watercress Way
Thursday 21 June on the Alresford Drove The nine trustees were delighted to present their Annual Report after another busy and successful year for the charity. Thank you to the members of the public who attended. Highlights were: Increased awareness and use of the Watercress Way which is now fully waymarked. In particular, the organised walk…
20 people join trustees for a sunny walk in Sutton Scotney
Sunday 24 June 2018 This is one of walks organised and guided by one of the trustees to share our knowledge of the Watercress Way, highlighting its history and ecology. Sign up as a Friend of the Line to receive information about future walks. Walkers were able to see the site of the railway bridge…